VMWare and LFS

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 13 15:46:09 PDT 2001

> I also get a mild complaint when starting vmware that the high
> resolution timer (/dev/rtc) is missing. This may cause on-screen
> motions to be uneven, but I haven't noticed any serious problem.
> Anyone know how to add this timer to LFS?

Yes, it's a kernel option which you can enable, called Real Time Clock. Look
in your kernel config (cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep CONFIG_RTC). You
also need to create /dev/rtc, just look up the major/minor numbers in
devices.txt in the kernel documentation. IIRC the lfs-faq also mentions
/dev/rtc
HTH
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org