Nothing like Getright? (was Re: kernel -2.4.10/11 and vfat)

Reboant rgreg at the-i.net
Fri Oct 12 18:24:39 PDT 2001

On Friday 12 October 2001 04:14 pm, you wrote:
> On 12 Oct 2001, at 9:50, Adam Ottley wrote:
> > On October 12, 2001 05:31 am, you wrote:
> > > According to the mount manpage, the noexec option simply stops binaries
> > > from being executed. It doesn't say anything about changing the
> > > permissions on them.
> >
> > When I mount a vfat partition exec, everything has 755 permissions.  When
> > mounted noexec, the permissions are 644. -- Unsubscribe: send email to
>
> Can you enter directories on the vfat partition as a normal user with the
> 644 settings?
>
> MSB
>
> ----
> For sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Well guys I tried this line in /etc/fstab:

/dev/hde1  /mnt/C  vfat  nodev,noexec,rw,user,fmask=644    0    0

and it didn't work.Guess its just a bug in the latest kernel and will have to
settle with running chmod for now.thanks for all the help. I did try Prozilla
and its great.Now all I need are a few linux games that are resource hogs and
I'm all set.  :)

thanks again
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org