lfs-packages-cvs-20010926-0930.tar

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 12 14:01:31 PDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 09:13:22PM +0100, Chris Lingard wrote:
> > The problem is known, the lfs-book contains a fix for this way:
>
> Is by book and hints out of date now?  Will try to upgrade it.

I wouldn't call it hopelessly outdated or anything like that, but the fact
is that you are reading an older book version and we have improved things
in the mean time.

You would do good to download the LFS-3.0 version and check the changelog
to see what has changed. If you decide to go with the CVS version, you can
check the CVS changelog in the book to see what changed since the 3.0
release.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org