lfs-packages-cvs-20010926-0930.tar

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 12 12:58:06 PDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 08:27:04PM +0100, Chris Lingard wrote:
> First the package file-3.36.tar.bz2, was 3.34 on my original LFS.  This did
> not compile for me.  The problem was thar the configure script was not
> finding the definitions of uint6, uint16, ....

The problem is known, the lfs-book contains a fix for this way:
cp readelf.h readelf.h.backup &&
sed $'/#define __/a \\\n#include <stdint.h>' readelf.h.backup > readelf.h
&&
./configure --prefix=/usr --datadir=/usr/share/misc &&
make &&
make install

which makes it compile properly. Pretty much the same as your patch, but
this one doesn't require downloading a patch and apply it.

> Now the kernel problem.  Sometime about version 2.4.10 they have changed
> the definitions of DOS_EXTENDED_PARTITION, LINUX_EXTENDED_PARTITION from a
> #define to an enum.
>
> The result is that lilo-21.7.5 does not compile.  The simple fix is to edit
> partitions.c and find these lines:

That would be 2.4.11 or higher (i believe it starts at 2.4.12). lilo
compiles fine using 2.4.10 kernel headers (at least as far as I've been
able to test). I have sent an email to the lilo maintainer on this issue,
hopefully he'll release an official patch so we don't have to create one
(as soon as the lfs-book switches to a newer than 2.4.10 kernel)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org