Trouble compiling eel-1.0.2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 12 09:45:48 PDT 2001

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 02:00:19AM +1000, Martin Bishop wrote:
> The full build log can be provided if needed. Anyone who has successfully
> compiled nautilus and it's libs, please help me out.

The error you get often means that a certain library isn't linked in.

I haven't tried this out or anything but I'm going to guess that gnome_init
is in the libgnome.so library, and I don't see a -lgnome on the link
command that's executed. I do see a lot of repeated -lm -ldl -lz on the
line. I wonder why it does that, you only need to pass it once. Bug in a
Makefile perhaps, or whatever.

I also see a error regarding gdk_pixbuf* not being found, and this probably
is caused by a missing -lgdk_pixbuf link option.

You could try to compile the package by running:
	make LDFLAGS="-lgnome -lgdk_pixbuf"

That assumes the Makefile files listen to the LDFLAGS variable. If not,
you'll have to edit the eel-1.0.2/eel/Makefile file yourself and look for
the proper place to add extra libraries. If you need help with that, email
the eel-1.0.2/eel/Makefile file and we can have a look.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org