wget question

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Fri Oct 12 09:45:28 PDT 2001

Björn Lindberg wrote:

> Tim Plessers wrote:
>>
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I'm a big fan of the Family Guy cartoons.
>>
>> I found a website that allows you to download the episodes in real media
>> format. However, I can only start the download with a browser, because you
>> need to support "inherit referrers and session cookies" (as the website
>> states)
>
> Here is a link to a really good article that describes various options
> for wget:
>
> http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue70/chung.html
>
> At the end of the article he describes how you can make it look like a
> browser coming from another page on the same site. I hacven't tried his
> suggestions myself yet, but it sounds really good.

Just a quick question..? I wonder about "real media". IIRC this is a
streaming format that must be served from a webserver with some
special capabilities? I don't know. That's why I mention it.

I don't have any realplayer or anything, but I do use wget to get
OGG files. Now, I can also "stream play" the same OGG files with
xmms except when they are too big for my connection bandwidth. Anyway,
I'll look at the URL you point out. If nothing else... It would be
interesting reading.
--
Cheers,
Jeff