wget question

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Fri Oct 12 05:29:24 PDT 2001

Tim Plessers wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I'm a big fan of the Family Guy cartoons.
>
> I found a website that allows you to download the episodes in real media
> format. However, I can only start the download with a browser, because you
> need to support "inherit referrers and session cookies" (as the website
> states)

Here is a link to a really good article that describes various options
for wget:

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue70/chung.html

At the end of the article he describes how you can make it look like a
browser coming from another page on the same site. I hacven't tried his
suggestions myself yet, but it sounds really good.

Hope this helps,

Björn
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org