wget question

Tim Plessers tim at virtualunlimited.com
Fri Oct 12 01:45:01 PDT 2001

Hi there!

I'm a big fan of the Family Guy cartoons.

I found a website that allows you to download the episodes in real media
format. However, I can only start the download with a browser, because you
need to support "inherit referrers and session cookies" (as the website
states)

http://www.jsr.com/media/

Now, the site is really slow.  Therefor my browser download always timeouts
at a certain point (usually after 1 mb) and I can't automatically resume it.
I know that wget can. Actually, I use wget for most of my downloads because
it retries and resumes at its own will.

Here comes the problem...  When I want to suck a file from the site with
wget, it gives me back a .html file that states that most downloadmanagers
don't support "inherit referrers and session cookies" and that I should use
my browser.

Is there a way that wget will do the download?

wget output :

$ wget
http://www.jsr.com/media/familyguy/308_When_You_Wish_Upon_A_Weinstein.rm
--10:34:02--
http://www.jsr.com/media/familyguy/308_When_You_Wish_Upon_A_Weinstein.rm
           => `308_When_You_Wish_Upon_A_Weinstein.rm'
Connecting to www.jsr.com:80... connected!
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Temporary Relocation
Location:
http://www.jsr.com/(SessionID=164862676d0ab32928cc1b49e0e9a887)/media/family
guy/308_When_You_Wish_Upon_A_Weinstein.rm [following]
--10:34:05--
http://www.jsr.com/(SessionID=164862676d0ab32928cc1b49e0e9a887)/media/family
guy/308_When_You_Wish_Upon_A_Weinstein.rm
           => `308_When_You_Wish_Upon_A_Weinstein.rm'
Connecting to www.jsr.com:80... connected!
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Temporary Relocation
Location: /media/familyguy/308_When_You_Wish_Upon_A_Weinstein.rm [following]
http://www.jsr.com/media/familyguy/308_When_You_Wish_Upon_A_Weinstein.rm:
Redirection cycle detected.

$

Thanks.