Nothing like Getright? (was Re: kernel -2.4.10/11 and vfat)

Reboant rgreg at the-i.net
Thu Oct 11 16:43:15 PDT 2001

On Thursday 11 October 2001 01:55 pm, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On October 11, 2001 10:46 am, Reboant wrote:
> > I do a lot of  downloading in windows because there is no download client
> > quit like getright for linux yet.
>
> snap from getright webpage (http://www.getright.com/maclinux.html)
>
> I've had reports, and even a few screen-shots, from people who have
> successfully used the     Windows version of GetRight under Linux using the
> Wine program.
>
> So if you realy want GetRight. Then get it along with Wine
> http://www.winehq.com/ or just find a download manager at freshmeat.
>
> Christof

Guys you've missed the point which is ALL files are executable in vfat with
kernels 2.4.10 and 11.
I thank you for your response but it doesn't fix the problem.The reason I
usually download in windows is because if I get bored I can always start a
game .Perhaps one that doesn't take a lot of memory and isn't supported in
linux.I really do wish more companies would take the time to see that linux
is worth the time to port thier products to but thats something I just can't
help right now.On top of that I connect using a modem and my connection is
slightly faster and a whole lot more secure but most of the games for linux
either take a lot of system resources or just plain suck.
Al in all I just want to be able to mount  any of my partitions without
having to mess with it.

If this makes a difference this is the exact line I have in /etc/fstab:

/dev/hde1  /mnt/C  vfat  defaults,user,umask=002,gid=100,unhide,quiet  0 0

Thanks
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org