kernel -2.4.10/11 and vfat

Reboant reboant at the-i.net
Thu Oct 11 09:46:29 PDT 2001

what is wrong with vfat in these kernels?I've tried them both and for some reason every file on my vfat partitons is now an executable.Doesn't matter what extention it has (i.e  .txt, .png etc,etc)
 This didn't happen with 2.4.9 or any other 2.4.x version.I have compiled with my old 2.4.9 kernel config and without (starting from scratch)but still get the same darn results.Anyone have a clue what I can do about it?I do a lot of downloading in windows because there is no download client quit like getright for linux yet.Running chmod on multiple files can get to be a pain after a while.Can someone please help?

thanks