booting a new lfs

texstefano at libero.it texstefano at libero.it
Thu Oct 11 01:19:55 PDT 2001

I've built a new LFS in my second hard disk and now i want to
physically separate it from the first one.
Since I have already installed grub in the new lfs it's ready to boot
but, when I electrically disconnect the first hard disk, it complains
about missing hda1, hda2...and so on,  mounting  the system in
read mode only, so i can't execute any changes.
How to write on it and tell him to forget the first hard disk?
Thanks a lot,

Stefano

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org