qlogin not working on a CD

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 10 17:51:33 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 12:11:58AM +0100, Chris Lingard wrote:
> My bootable CD runs at level 3,  I have already posted the package.  You
> need to login and it runs as a full LFS Linux system.

I'm just curious why install a run level system on a boot cd? Isn't the
meaning of a bootable cd to have a system handy to repair a damaged system?
I think in that case a multi-user setup including sysvinit is overkill. Why
protect the system with passwords, it's not that it's the main system or
anything. Personally I would start with init=/bin/bash to just get to the
shell right away and start doing my stuff.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org