System cache

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:50:14 PDT 2001

compiling).Is > there a way to clear this darn thing  manually?Better
yet is there a way to have > it done automatically?At first I thought it
was a memory leak but it stay
> constant at 143 megs.Never hit swap like I use to but things do start
slowing > down especially in kde-2.2.1.For now the only way I have to
free that memory is > to reboot and thats not really a very good
option.What can I do about this?
> Thanks
Upgrade to the latest kernel in the -ac series, which has a much more
mature VM system. Look at www.bzimage.org for patches against your
current kernel. I can also recommend the pre-empting patch, which does a
great job at keeping everything smoothly running. Find it at
http://www.tech9.net/rml/linux/.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org