System cache

Ian Molton imolton at clara.net
Wed Oct 10 09:41:07 PDT 2001

On stardate Wed, 10 Oct 2001 07:22:13 -0500
Reboant began the full scale invasion of earth with the following words:

> Guys I just doubled my memory to 256m and it seems thats still not enough
> .Seems the cache just won't stop growing

The cache isnt supposed to shrink. its supposed to be completely in use,
caching the filesystem.

As you observed, you dont hit swap anymore. this is because applications
will kick cache out of RAM when they need it.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org