System cache

Reboant reboant at the-i.net
Wed Oct 10 05:22:13 PDT 2001

Guys I just doubled my memory to 256m and it seems thats still not enough .Seems the cache just won't stop growing(especially when compiling).Is there a way to clear this darn thing  manually?Better yet is there a way to have it done automatically?At first I thought it was a memory leak but it stay constant at 143 megs.Never hit swap like I use to but things do start slowing down especially in kde-2.2.1.For now the only way I have to free that memory is to reboot and thats not really a very good option.What can I do about this?
Thanks