startx

texstefano at libero.it texstefano at libero.it
Tue Oct 9 23:43:41 PDT 2001

I was able to run X11 only  the very first time after running
xf86config, after then i get "host name lookup failure  cannot open
/var/log/xfree86.0.log" every time i run startx as root or user.
Furthermore it  recognizes the command only if i login as user, but
not if i'm root (?). My /root/.bash_profile and
/home/$user/.bash_profile are the same so i can't figure out why i
must set the PATH before execute startx for root and not for user.
Thanks,

Stefano

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org