can see partition contents under HOST distro, but under LFSq

Douglas J. Hunley doug at hunley.homeip.net
Tue Oct 9 18:26:23 PDT 2001

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 21:01, Gerard Beekmans babbled:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 04:29:01PM -0400, Douglas J. Hunley wrote:
> > but like I said, unders the host os, those exact partitions mount fine
>
> Boot the LFS system using your SuSe kernel image: at the LILO: prompt type
> "linux root=/dev/lfspartition" (or whatever your suse image is called). See
> if LFS is able to show you file listings. If so, kernel problem. Try
> upgrading or downgrading. If not, then come back and we'll try other
> debugging methods.

ok did that. still no directory listing
--
Douglas J. Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: http://hunley.homeip.net/	Admin: http://linux.nf/

/* After several hours of tedious analysis, the following hash
 * function won.  Do not mess with it... -DaveM
 */
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/fs/buffer.c
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org