can see partition contents under HOST distro, but under LFSq

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 9 18:01:43 PDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 04:29:01PM -0400, Douglas J. Hunley wrote:
> but like I said, unders the host os, those exact partitions mount fine

Boot the LFS system using your SuSe kernel image: at the LILO: prompt type
"linux root=/dev/lfspartition" (or whatever your suse image is called). See
if LFS is able to show you file listings. If so, kernel problem. Try
upgrading or downgrading. If not, then come back and we'll try other
debugging methods.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org