creating a bootdisk without using a floppy

Fernando Arbeiza arbeizaf at ono.com
Mon Oct 8 15:34:50 PDT 2001

Hi,

Is there a way to create a bootdisk without a floppy?

I made a bootable CD, so I needed an image from a bootdisk. I created a
bootdisk using LILO and dd-copied it to the image file. After that, I tried
to create the same bootdisk using the loopback device. But when LILO readed
lilo.conf, as it is told to create the bootdisk at /dev/fd0, it tried to read
from the floppy. So I couldn't create it.

Any idea?

Fernando Arbeiza,
Cantabria, Spain
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org