can see partition contents under HOST distro, but under LFSq

Douglas J. Hunley doug at hunley.homeip.net
Mon Oct 8 14:30:14 PDT 2001

On Monday 08 October 2001 16:27, Jeroen Coumans babbled:

> Is this "just an example" or are you actually saying that /boot under
> LFS is empty? How can this be when your kernel images are stored in
> there (if you didn't deviate from the book and put them somewhere else)?
> Did you mount the correct partitions in your /etc/fstab? I noticed that
> you can have the wrong / partition in fstab but still have a correct
> bootup if you pass the correct kernel and / parameters to your boot
> manager.
> HTH

not this isn't just an exmaple... /boot has all relevant files in it when
mounted under SuSE.. rebooting through lilo to LFS and suddenly... the system
boots, but all forms of 'ls' show nothing in /boot...

--
Douglas J. Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: http://hunley.homeip.net/	Admin: http://linux.nf/

Earth is full. Go home.