why "read-only" ?

Stefano texstefano at libero.it
Mon Oct 8 15:25:09 PDT 2001

On Sun, 7 Oct 2001 17:02:11 -0400

> boot into Mandrake, edit the /etc/lilo.conf file. There is a line
> boot=/dev/hda most likely
> Change hda to whichever driver is hosting your LFS system right now,
> probably hdb
>
> run lilo and the MBR on hdb will be written. When you make hdb hda (by
> disconnecting the hda disk), it should boot LFS.

Well, I've successfully installed grub in the second hard disk but, since I  built the new kernel for the first time with the host LFS system in the first hard disk, now the kernel wants to "see" the two hard disks at booting time or it refuses to mount the filesystem in read-write mode.
The question is: have I to recompile the kernel without the first hard disk or there is a shorter way to delete it from its "memory"?
Thanks,

Stefano

--
LFS user   #116