want info about netfilter and iptables?

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Mon Oct 8 11:28:09 PDT 2001

With all the talk here about firewalls and stuff in recent days...
And the fact that I'm finally gonna have some time to sit down and
think about the pros/cons, the howtos, and what/wherefors...

I thought I would post this little bit of news:
Current Schedule - IUPUI

 October 2001

The new netfilter framework found in the Linux 2.4 kernel series offers a
substantial improvement over previous versions.  Learn about the new features
of iptables and how you can use packet filtering to help monitor and improve
the network performance of your workstation.

When: October 10, 2001 - 3:30pm
Where: IUPUI Education School - ES 1119
What: Packet filtering with iptables
Who: Andrew Poland
.

More info at:
http://uwsg.indiana.edu/uug/

Probably not many people here are near to Indianapolis, IN USA, but
if you are and want to here someone talk about this stuff... Well,
there you go. I'm going to attend. There will also be presentation
notes available on the net.
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org