/etc/mtab in a read-only medium

Fernando Arbeiza arbeizaf at ono.com
Mon Oct 8 08:48:17 PDT 2001

On Mon 08 Oct 2001 17:17, Fernando Arbeiza wrote:

<...>

I only get more questions:

> ·Create /etc/mtab as a symbolic link to a file in ramdisk. Should I mount
> the ramdisk with the '-n' flag?

Should I mount first the root partition (which is actually the CD) with the
-n flag; then mount the ramdisk with the -n flag and finally remount both the
root partition and the ramdisk with the -f flag in order to include them in
/etc/mtab?

Thanks a lot, I know I've made too many questions...

Excuse me     ;)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org