firewalling...

Craig Colton meerkats at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 7 14:35:55 PDT 2001

> It looks like Daniel Roethlisberger is our man here...
>
> I think it would be really cool if we all thrash this out (and learn
> something in the process) and come up with a 'LFS approved' firewalling /
> nat system. Hopefully this is a topic that will interest a lot of us and
> get a good pounding.

     How about a *well* commented script so that individual users could use
or modify parts that they want, according to their needs. When one gets their
LFS system up, there (at least for me) is a real push to get networking and
internet going, (a desperate need to get to "blfs-support" :) important
things like firewalling might get pushed to the side. And it seems to me that
even the simplest scripts require a great deal of research (read that "time")
to put together if its your first.
      A horribly wordy way to say - "Yeah, a LFS firewall would be very
cool":)

     Craig

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org