why "read-only" ?

Stefano texstefano at libero.it
Sun Oct 7 14:43:31 PDT 2001

I built a brand new LFS from CVS and everything went fine.
The problem came up at reboot time, the system is being mounted
 read-only and no login shell at prompt, but "init-2.05".
Few commands are available and can't halt or reboot.
Each script has been copied from the downloaded files, so they should be ok.
What's wrong?

I built it from the old LFS in the first hard disk (the new one is in the second one) and the bootloader is in a Mandrake distribution in the first hard disk as well.
I'd like to keep the new LFS totally separated from the first hard disk so i want to configure lilo only for the second hard disk but, according to the book, isn't good to run lilo inside the system, what is the safest procedure to achieve this?

Stefano

--
LFS user   #116
Linux user #204845