witch mail and news client?

martial daumas nasgaia at free.fr
Sun Oct 7 08:19:51 PDT 2001

Le Sat, 6 Oct 2001 22:26:15 +0000 (UTC)
texstefano at libero.it (Stefano) a écris:
|I'm  using sylpheed with great satisfation but i didn't know it was a news reader before reading your email, so i specified the news server in my profile setting but couldn't get anything.
|What's the right path to set it up?
|Stefano

hi,

i must admit it took me two days to realize zylpheed could lead news as well... not extremely clear.
here's how to do (i'm translating the french menu entries, so adapt to yours case):
configuration, create a new account,
here's a conf windows pops up:
 just fill in fills account names (news.linuxfromscratch.org for exemple),
 your nasme, reply email etc....
 and in servers configuration, choose news(NNTP) instead of default POP3,
 one could choose IMPA4 or POP35(APOP) too.
 then you have two fields left, in the first put your news server, for LFS news
 it's news.linuxfromscratch.org, but you can add others later. then choose a
 SMTP server to allow news sending plus login/passwd if nedded and you're done.

 (sylpheed 0.6.2)
 hope this works 4 u,

 ciao

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org