libgtop: ld unable to find 'atexit'

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Sun Oct 7 08:15:38 PDT 2001

André Wyrwa wrote:
> I'm trying to compile gnome and so libgtop, and it breaks, saying, ld couldn't
> find 'atexit' in /usr/lib/libz.so.1.
>
> I did this first with an unpatched gcc 2.95.3 (-march=i686 -O2) an glibc 2.2.3
> [I did install lfs 3.0pre4]. Then I patched and recompiled gcc (this time
> -march=i686 -O3) and recompiled glibc 2.2.4, zlib 1.1.3 and libxml
> 1.8.16/2.4.5 (everything with -march=i686 -O3). The problem is still the same.
>
> Any ideas, hints, suggestions, answers ;-)?

Well, here is one ;o) Problem might be related to the optimization. My
suggestion would be, first of all, to simply `unset CFLAGS CXXFLAGS' when
compiling gcc, glibc, and probably everything else too...

BUT! IIRC, errors related to "atexit" have been mentioned elsewhere in regards
to other things... Maybe it was with fileutils??? Any chance you are using an
AMD Athlon/Duron CPU? I think the fileutils problem, ?_if_? it's even related,
was more evident on Athlons.

I have an Athlon, but I never had any of those problems. Again, this may not be
relevant to your problem. But, you never know... ;o)
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org