sparc64 - LFS ??

Daniel Balsiger dbalsige at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Oct 7 08:08:46 PDT 2001

hello all

I actually know that LFS-3.0 is for i386 machines

I have some Sun ultra1 machines at home , TI Ultrasparc I , sun4u

which are 64bit machines. I have installed a debian sparc linux on it.

Now on all my i386 machines LFS is running

I'd like to have LFS on my sparc machines too...

one thing should be clear

I dont need bin86 and lilo

but I need silo, silo-loaders and maybe elftoaout

btw: there is a programm called sparc32 which can be used to run a
programm (normally /bin/sh) in a 32 bit environment

do I need this program to build gcc ??
gcc's docu mentions about it ....

does anyone have some experience in compling LFS for sparc64 machines ??

thanx a lot

daniel

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org