cups and 3 printing hints?

Mark Cason mcason at bigfoot.com
Sat Oct 6 10:20:49 PDT 2001

> I guess I'll be content with `cat my_little_file > /dev/lp0'. This
> works fine. Who needs a printing daemon... ;o)

  Those of us that have large Laser Printers.
  I have a HP Laserjet III D  and CUPS was the only way to get the duplexer
to work correctly.   I got used to printing out docs in the windows world so
that I could repair windows when the docs were not available.   I still use
my printer often, in fact I printed out all of the LFS manuals that I
downloaded.  (LFS 3.0 fills a two inch binder even with duplexing ;-) )
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org