shadow / user admin - what do you want to see?

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Sat Oct 6 11:44:23 PDT 2001

Greetings, I'm getting ready to resubmit my shadow password hint soon.
I wanted to see whether anyone has already found any use in it. Any
suggestions for improvement? Certainly, I already have a list of what
I'm gonna add/change, but user commnents of course are very valuable.

What I'm gonna add is:
1) detailed explanations/pitfalls associated with some of the
   definitions in /etc/login.defs.
2) Suggestions for which of these I find most valuable.
3) An entire section on su usage including possible problems
   and how to avoid them?
4) Using logoutd, and related config options, that can help
   to control user logins.

All in all, I hope it to be more than a shadow hint. The real objective
is to produce a useable hint that addresses user administration in
general. Of course, shadow is still in there. All of the tools to make
these things happen are in "The Shadow Suite" whether you use them or
not.

Comments are welcome. I don't want to pollute the newsgroup with pure
rubbish. So, if nobody cares, tell me to go jump of a cliff.

BTW, you can find the hint in its current state at:
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/shadowpasswd_plus.txt
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org