Ghosting a ext2 partition

Sanjuro Europe sanjuro_e at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 10:07:00 PDT 2001

A bit off topic, but this is still the best place to get a good answer!

At the moment I have to harddiscs. Both contain several partitions, some
Linux and some Windows. I want to move all my Windows partitions to one
disc and all my Linux partitions to the other.

I want to use Symantec Ghost to back up my LFS partition so I can freely
move my Windows partitions around and run a low risk of loosing anything
on those partitions.

Ghost supports ext2 so making the backup should be a problem, but I have
a question about putting them back. Can I put the ext2 ghost image back
on a ext2 partition that is larger than the original one?

Any tips and experiences (good or bad) with Ghost and ext2 are very welcome.

Sanjuro

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org