PAN

Marc Heerdink marc at koelkast.net
Sat Oct 6 09:47:05 PDT 2001

Scot Mc Pherson sent these bits on Sat, 06 Oct 2001 12:27:34 -0400:
> Are there any PAN experts out there? I am using PAN for my newsgroups,
> but there are two things I don't like about it. Annd I was wondering if
> there is anything I can do to change the behavior.
>
> When I am typing, it takes a long time for the window to catch up to my
> typing, I can type a whole page of text and PAN will be half a page
> behind printing it to the screen. So if I BS a lot, I don't know how far
> back it will go. YOu can see how badly I am typing right now because I
> don't know what I am typing.

First of all, I've seen PAN only once in my life, and that was on a
screenshot :) so if this problem is really PAN related I can't help you. I
think, however, that this problem is not caused by PAM but by GTK+
instead. If you're using a heavy theme (eg many pixmaps, gradients or
whatever) the GTK+ textboxes can be real slow (seen Glimmer? ;) A lighter
theme (eg default) may fix this problem.... But if you're already using a
lightweight theme, the problem lays with PAN.

- L. Flon

Marc Heerdink
marc_heerdink at softhome.net
http://www.koelkast.net/