DCOP server

Marco Rinck marco at romulus23.de
Sat Oct 6 09:45:35 PDT 2001

* Craig Colton <meerkats at bellsouth.net> [011006 18:16]:
> ...............somethings been really bugging me. My user can't seem to
> successfully launch KDE. It works fine when logged in as root, but when user
> "craig" attempts, the splash screen comes up but locks on "setting up
> interprocess communication", and I get an error about not reading network
> connection list.
>         When using "startkde" from an xterm in WindowMaker (WM and twm both
> work for craig), I get this:

Is this a newly installed system with a new user or an update with an
existing (maybe copied) home directory for this user? If the latter
then try to remove the kde home directory (~/.kde is the default) and
restart KDE. If its working then your kde settings were mangled.

Also you should check if /tmp is writable for this user. This is a
known issue when its not writable KDE is freaking out like this. Maybe
it helps to delete the tmp directories created by kde for this user:

--
Ciao,
Marco

-= http://www.romulus23.de =-