DCOP server

Craig Colton meerkats at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 6 09:16:45 PDT 2001

...............somethings been really bugging me. My user can't seem to
successfully launch KDE. It works fine when logged in as root, but when user
"craig" attempts, the splash screen comes up but locks on "setting up
interprocess communication", and I get an error about not reading network
connection list.
        When using "startkde" from an xterm in WindowMaker (WM and twm both
work for craig), I get this:

DCOPSERVER: authentication setup failed.
DCOPServer self-test failed.
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
and on and on....

I've set permissions on any DCOP, kdeinit, KDM, et.al. binaries about as
loose as I dare. Does anybody have any ideas (or wild guesses) as to where I
might look to try to solve this. Thanks.
     Regards,
     Craig

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org