witch mail and news client?

Ian Molton imolton at clara.net
Sat Oct 6 08:01:12 PDT 2001

On stardate Sat, 06 Oct 2001 09:52:15 -0500
J.A. began the full scale invasion of earth with the following words:

> martial daumas wrote:
> > and under X, you could give sylpheed a try, it's extrmely fast, it
> supports
> > all that u want (pop, imap, news, mimes, attachments and so...) it just
> need
> > glib and gtk+ that's the better i've tried for now
>
> Wow, you mean this ?_sylpheed_? is a mail AND a news client?
> Hmmm, cool and interesting... I have to go look at it now! =)
>
> FWIW, I've been using this KMail and KNode stuff because I'm lazy.
> I don't like them much, but I've never had time to learn how to use
> Mutt =(
>
> /me goes to look for SYLPHEED now

You wont regret it.

I had been cosidering writing my own mail/news client until I met sylpheed.

Its not quite what I'd like, but its close enough to keep my doing a diy.
Its stable and quick.

Needs some development, but its getting it in spades.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org