gears

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sat Oct 6 03:34:23 PDT 2001

On Saturday 06 October 2001 00:08, Marco Rinck wrote:
> * Simon Geard <delgarde at ihug.co.nz> [011005 13:18]:
> > On Friday 05 October 2001 04:32, Walter Horsten wrote:
> >
> > Oh, ok - I didn't realise the difference between the GTS and MX was
> > *that* big. My system is 256Mb, the card is a 64Mb MX - I guess the
> > performance I'm getting is about what I should be expecting then.
>
> No I think not. My GX (ASUS 7100 with 32 MB) runs in glxgears with the
> original window size at 1024x768 at 1600 FPS. Its a quite big
> difference with your fps rate ...

In that case, what's causing the difference? As I said previously, this is
simply a stock LFS 3.0, simply XF86-4.1 install (as per the X11 hint), and
the latest (1.0.1512) nVidia drivers installed.

Driver version doesn't seem to matter - I get similar performance with the
older 1.0.1251 drivers. AGPgart doesn't seem to matter - no difference
between using it as a module, compiled in, or not at all (i.e using the
nVidia AGP support).

Simon.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org