ATAPI Zip Drive

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.uklinux.net
Sat Oct 6 01:58:27 PDT 2001

J.A. Neitzel wrote:

> skip gaede wrote:
>
>> Jared Kidd wrote:
>>
>>> so you are using an external parallel or scsi?

I have SCSI emulation on the CDROM, and have a Zip on the parallel port.  I
use:

/dev/scd0  /cdrom  auto  ro,user,noauto,unhide  0 0
/dev/sda4   /zip    ext2     rw,user,noauto     0 0
/dev/fd0    /floppy  auto  rw,user,noauto,unhide   0 0

On start up I do modprobe  ppa

To format a zip i just do mke2fs  /dev/sda4

To get it to read an msdos disk you need to have fat file systems in your
kernel configuration.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org