ATAPI Zip Drive

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Fri Oct 5 15:18:47 PDT 2001

skip gaede wrote:

> Jared Kidd wrote:
>
>> so you are using an external parallel or scsi?
>> mount -t vfat /dev/sdc4 /mnt/zip
>> i would think that would work, at least it does on my server at home if
>> i remimber correctly.  Pre-formatted zip disks are on partition #4.  I
>> don't have any idea about the partitioning part though, i have never
>> tried partitioning/formatting a zip disk in linux.
>
> Jared,
>

> I have a SCSI hard drives (2), an ATAPI CD-ROM (RW), and and ATAPI zip
> drive. I'm using the SCSI emulation so I can burn CDs.

Are both your cdrom and zip drives on the same interface? Are they on
3 ide0 or 22 ide1 . I don't know if this matters, but it might...

If cdrom and zip are on the same ide (one master and one slave), then
the scsi emulation may be interfering somehow. At any rate, I have a
cdrom (rw) and atapi zip drive on ide1, and I use the scsi emulation
for both of them.

Since you have SCSI HD you should be all set. If this is the problem,
then you would just need stop treating the zip as an ide device and
treat it as scsi instead. You may also want to get rid of the
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY support in your kernel.

FWIW, the atapi zip drive works just fine this way.

Just some ideas...
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org