cups and 3 printing hints?

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Fri Oct 5 11:44:24 PDT 2001

Jamie C. McLaughlin wrote:
> CUPS doesn't use /etc/printcap at all, which is one of the reasons I've had
> problems printing from Opera, cups uses it's own config files usually located
> in /etc/cups.

Right, /etc/cups, but the main config file for cups has something in
it about whether or not to do something with /etc/printcap .

<quote>
#
# Printcap: the name of the printcap file.  Default is /etc/printcap.
# Leave blank to disable printcap file generation.
#

#Printcap /etc/printcap
</quote>

So, I don't know what this is here for..? I uncommented it when trying
to figure out why nothing prints. Well, cups doesn't print it anyway.
I guess I'll be content with `cat my_little_file > /dev/lp0'. This
works fine. Who needs a printing daemon... ;o)
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org