first WM after X - survey?

William Chapman wgc at capital.net
Thu Oct 4 10:43:11 PDT 2001

On Thu, 04 Oct 2001 11:15:49 -0500
"J.A. Neitzel" <jan.listbox at belvento.org> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I was just curious... Of all the people out there who install XFree86
> on their new LFS Systems, what is the first window manager (WM) you
> bother to install? I guess this is kind of a survey.

	Here's one for icewm. I used to use kde but on this slow box of mine it was just too hungry. I tried Window Maker for a while, but couldn't get comfortable with it. With ice pref it is easy to configure icewm. I used to have dfm installed to handle desktop icons but I don't bother anymore. I like working with just the task bar buttons and start menu.

							william
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org