cups and 3 printing hints?

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Fri Oct 5 09:19:27 PDT 2001

Hi,

If this is on the wrong newsgroup please tell me so.
Simple question... Does cups need an /etc/printcap ? If so, does it
generate this automagically for you? Must you do this manually?

I don't know if any of the printing hint authors read here... But,
here is my question/suggestion. Why have 3 printing hints? Why not
simply combine the best of all 3 into 1. Why do I suggest this?

Even with 3 hints, I still had to murk in all of the docs for every
package to be sure the hints were correct... Frankly, with 3 hints I
would tend to believe this not to be necessary. It was necessary.
Really, I would have done better without having the hints at all and
doing it the old-fashioned way from the start.

Maybe I'm missing what these hints were trying to achieve..?
Anyway, *please* don't interpret my words here as antagonistic.
I'm not trying to generate flame-worthy posts, but I am simply
trying to offer constructive criticism.

I've never been much for printing anyway.
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org