xmms with vorbis plugin

Mike Labriola labriomd at clarkson.edu
Fri Oct 5 08:54:53 PDT 2001

Ian Molton wrote:

> On stardate Fri, 05 Oct 2001 17:13:58 +0200
> deXter began the full scale invasion of earth with the following words:
>

>>"gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11"
>>(the other libs works just fine)
>>

> This is usually a sign of a too-far overclocked CPU. it happens on
> otherwise apparently stable systems. I dont know why GCC provokes it so
> easily. maybe lots of tight loops...

really...?  my system is a dual 1.2ghz athlon mp box with 512 megs of
ram, not overclocked at all.  and after fixing up the configure scripts
and makefiles, it compiles and works fine.
i don't think (at least in this case) it is a problem with the cpu(s).
libvorbis just has shitty configure scripts and makefiles.

again, that's my opinion... :-)

-mike

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org