Thanks for the answers, so...

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Fri Oct 5 05:39:17 PDT 2001

Dave Anselmi wrote:

> Port forwarding
> is called dnat by Rusty, and he has 2 howtos that might help at:
> http://netfilter.samba.org/unreliable-guides/ (packet filtering and nat).

I thought I could do port forwarding with just ip-tables?

> Finally, if you really want to learn iptables, how about this:
>
>     /-B
>    /
> --A
>    \
>     \-C

This is what I'm trying to do. If I can forward the ports correctly I
think my workstation will be reasonably safe.

> Before you decide to put the web server inside the firewall, find out what
> kind of connector you'll use to your ISP.  Here (USA), cable modems and DSL
> are most common.  Cable modems are just bridges - no IP so you need a

I'm gonna get 'real' broadband, 10 mbit/s. :-) Don't know what the exact
connection is called, and I don't know how the operator's net looks
like. The only thing I know now is that it apparantely is dynamic IPs.

Björn
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org