first WM after X - survey?

C D zorkadi at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 15:17:57 PDT 2001

--- Chris Lingard <chris at stockwith.uklinux.net> wrote:
> Erika Pacholleck wrote:
>
> > [04.10.01 11:15 -0500] J.A. Neitzel <-- :
> >> I was just curious... Of all the people out there who install
> XFree86
> >> on their new LFS Systems, what is the first window manager (WM)
> you
> >> bother to install?
>
> Lets here it for mwm.  Lesstif builds right out of the box, and has
> no

i feel better now. actually i installed metrolinks openmotif and use
the "real" feature-less mwm. i have tried nearly all wm's and i
keep coming. don't know why. i like the icons and the x-resources.
sometimes i wish it had virtual desktops. there is also plenty of good
apps for motif, like grace, nedit, xmcd, ... tmw is klunky, not very
responsive.

c.