java web server optimizing

Michenaud Laurent laurent.michenaud at laposte.net
Thu Oct 4 13:25:29 PDT 2001

Hi,

I would like to optimize my web server performances :
Actually, i have :
	lfs 3.0 of course
	apache 1.3.20
	Tomcat 3.2.3 ( jsp/serlet )
	jdk 1.2.2
	oracle database

I would like your opinion about what i am going to do :

- using caucho resin instead of Tomcat.
- using jdk 1.3.1 instead of jdk 1.2.2.
- using native threads instead of green threads : i have not
got a smp machine but i think native threads are better.
- using jikes for compiling jsp/servlet( known as faster ).
- using tmpfs or ramdisk to stock web sites.

And have u got any other clues ?
Any software to bench my web site ?
Any software to know where my web site is loosing time ?

Thank you
Michenaud Laurent
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org