first WM after X - survey?

Bryan K. Lawrence krystopher at mail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:13:37 PDT 2001

J.A. Neitzel wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I was just curious... Of all the people out there who install XFree86
> on their new LFS Systems, what is the first window manager (WM) you
> bother to install? I guess this is kind of a survey.
>
> For me, I always install Blackbox immediately after X. It's prettier
> than TWM and also doesn't need everything under the sun installed
> to get a working setup. I've always liked Blackbox best, but that's
> me. I installed another LFS recently, with X, and decided I'd do
> without BB... And you know? TWM really is not half bad! Am I serious?
> I don't know, but it was an interesting exercise in antiquity.
>
> So, if this is a survey... Here is one vote for Blackbox (BB).

With no other libs, twm.  Nothing nothing more to compile.  But I only use
it long enough to get KDE working.  I used to be a Caldera fan, so I got
used to KDE.  I plan on trying out GNOME and E at some point though.  I
like variety and I like bells and whistles. :-)

Anyway, there's my vote.

Ciao,
Bryan K. Lawrence
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org