partitioning

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Oct 4 11:27:50 PDT 2001

Brendan Taylor wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 02:01:46PM -0600, Dave Anselmi wrote:
> (snip)
> > mount /dev/hda1 /mnt
> > rm -rf /mnt/*
> > umount /mnt
> >
> > That's all there is to it.  You should edit /etc/lilo.conf (on hda6) so
> > that it doesn't refer to the non-existent RH partition, but there's no
> > hurry - booting will work the same as it does, as long as you don't
> > select RH.
> (snip)
>
> Interested in doing this myself, but then all the space on hda1 is wasted, isn't it?
> How would this be done so as to put all that space on the LFS partition?

After the rm above, hda1 is empty.  How you use it for something else depends.  It will
be difficult to join it with your LFS partition unless you have unused space somewhere
that you can move things to temporarily.  If you sized your partitions well in the first
place, hda1 may be the right size to hold a piece of your new LFS - / or /tmp or
something.  If you have an example of what partitions you have and what you'd like, I
can make suggestions and provide directions.  Without details though I could take a lot
of space describing possibilities that are useless to you.

Dave

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org