first WM after X - survey?

Scott Haugaard dino at coprolite.com
Thu Oct 4 10:09:03 PDT 2001

> So, if this is a survey... Here is one vote for Blackbox (BB).

I'm quite a fan of blackbox myself, but I recently discovered that I can sync
my USB visor with the addressbook on Kmail.  That way I don't have to edit
emails in jpilot *and* my email address book.  It works well on my LFS
system.  I was never able to get this working with evolution (which is a bear
to compile!!) and the address book conduit.  Another issue is that KDE is
pretty easy to get set up quickly on an LFS system.  You pretty much just
follow the KDE hint, compile kdelibs, then compile every other component
concurrently except kdeaddons while you sleep.  :)  If you want to do palm OS
stuff, get pilot-link installed before you compile KDE.  Unfortunately the
coolest app I run is GNUCash, and I have to install much of Gnome anyway.
Complicated answer, but...

My vote: KDE
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org