first WM after X - survey?

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Thu Oct 4 09:15:49 PDT 2001

Greetings,

I was just curious... Of all the people out there who install XFree86
on their new LFS Systems, what is the first window manager (WM) you
bother to install? I guess this is kind of a survey.

For me, I always install Blackbox immediately after X. It's prettier
than TWM and also doesn't need everything under the sun installed
to get a working setup. I've always liked Blackbox best, but that's
me. I installed another LFS recently, with X, and decided I'd do
without BB... And you know? TWM really is not half bad! Am I serious?
I don't know, but it was an interesting exercise in antiquity.

So, if this is a survey... Here is one vote for Blackbox (BB).
--
Jeff

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org