XFree 4.1 : scrambled fonts

VAN DIJCK Wim Wim.VAN-DIJCK at eurocontrol.int
Thu Oct 4 08:18:52 PDT 2001

Yes, it's a good hint, I used it several times for x86 machines.
This is the first time I see this strange behaviour. It's also the first
time I use
accelerated X (ati). I wonder if it has something to do with it.
Attached is my XFree86.0.log file, if it's any help to anyone.
It certainly looks alot different than the logs on my P133 :o)

I tried to search for some kind of X / font howto or other general info on
how to setup fonts in detail,
but all I found was anti-aliasing stuff... Any pointers?

thx
Wim